IMPORTANT: Lenses that have the P designation in the model number (SELP1635G) are power zoom lenses. Check your operations guide and model information for details.
Power zoom is a feature that provides motorized control of the zoom feature entirely within the lens, offering flexible options for recording such as:
- Multiple methods to control the zoom capabilities when connected to a compatible camera:
- Zoom control with the camera.
- On the lens with the zoom ring.
- On the lens with the zoom rocker switch.
- Power zoom functions can be assigned to custom function buttons for increased flexibility.
- Manual zoom capability on demand.
- A smaller lens form factor as elements move on the inside of the lens and it does not expand or contract.
- Smooth movements and variable zoom speed control.