Can I connect Bluetooth headphones to an Android TV that does not support Bluetooth audio devices or the A2DP profile?
How to connect the Bluetooth headphones via the WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter to the TV
This article applies only to the following Android™ TV models that don't support the A2DP Bluetooth profile.
- 2020 models: X800H series
- 2019 models: X800G series
- 2018 models: X750F series
- 2017 models: X800E series
- 2016 models: All Android TV models
- 2015 models: All Android TV models
Note: For the Bravia™ TVs that support the A2DP profile, refer to the article Can I use Bluetooth audio devices with my Google TV™ or Android TV™?
Since the TV models listed don't support the A2DP profile needed to send music to other devices, if you wish to use Bluetooth headphones with these TVs, connect a wireless transmitter, such as Sony's Wireless Transmitter WLA-NS7 (sold separately), to the optical output terminal on the TV.
- Below is an example image. A transmitter(A) is connected to the TV's optical or headphones output terminal, and the transmitter and headphones are connected via a wireless connection.
- If you are trying to pair the Bluetooth headphones to the TV directly, the Searching for accessories… screen appears, and the connection can't be established.
Connect your headphones via the wireless transmitter
For detailed information on the Sony wireless transmitters in this section, refer to the product pages.
- A Wireless Transmitter sold individually (WLA-NS7)
- A wireless transmitter that comes with the Wireless Neckband Speaker (SRS-NS7)
- For the Bluetooth headphones tested with the Wireless transmitter (WLA-NS7), refer to the article What devices can I use to enjoy TV audio in 360 spatial sound?
- Watching a video on a non-BRAVIA XR TV while listening to its audio using the SRS-NS7/WLA-NS7 may cause unsynchronized video and audio.
How to set up
For details on connection with the transmitter and settings on the TV, refer to the following:2. Configure the TV settings
If there is no or low sound, set Digital audio out volume to Max. For details, refer to the following:How to set Digital audio out volume