IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you don't operate the camera for a certain period of time while the power is on using the battery pack, the LCD screen goes dark to conserve power. Activating a feature on the camera (such as pressing the shutter button) powers the camera on again.
The default length of time is set at 1 minute. If this has been set to OFF, the camera won't go into the power save mode.
To activate the feature:
Press MENU → Setup → Power Save Start Time → desired time setting (30 Min/5 Min/2 Min/1 Min/10 Sec).
- Turn off the product when you don't use the camera for long periods.
- The power save function is deactivated in the following situations:
- While power is being supplied via USB.
- While playing back slideshows.
- During FTP transfer.
- While recording movies.
- While connected to a computer or TV.
- When Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl is set to On.
- During USB Streaming.
For a complete listing of all default camera settings, refer to the List of default settings values section of your camera Help Guide.