How to check streaming quality and add settings menu in PS remote play?
What is Remote Play?
Remote Play is an app that lets you mirror and plays your PlayStation® 5 or 4 remotely. It's beneficial when you're out of the house or on vacation but still want to sneak in some game time. Simply download and set up PS Remote Play to get remote access to your console using a phone, PC, or tablet. Optionally, once everything is set up, you can connect a PS5 Dual Sense controller or PS4 Dual Shock controller to increase precision and immersion.
How to improve Remote Play streaming quality
Remote Play works best when your PlayStation is connected to a network with strong latency. In this case, latency refers to the time data transfers between its source (router) and its destination (console).
If you experience reduced streaming quality, follow the steps below.
Test your network speed
Use an Ethernet cable
An Ethernet cable is the fastest and most reliable way to connect your PlayStation to your home network. In addition, Ethernet gives you lower latency compared to Wi-Fi®. However, remember that a common internet connection speed decreases the effectiveness of the Ethernet cable, just like it decreases the effectiveness of Wi-Fi.
You can plug the Ethernet cable from your Wi-Fi router directly into the back of your console.
Try to lower the Remote Play video quality
Test whether a lower video quality output improves streaming quality. Higher video quality requires faster internet speed to enjoy a seamless gaming experience. If your internet speed is low, follow these steps:
- Perform a network speed test on your device. Remote Play's minimum required connection speed is 5 Mbps for both upload and download.
- PS5 console: Go to Settings → Network → Connection Status, then select Test Internet Connection.
- PS4 console: Go to Settings → Network, then select Test Internet Connection.
- Other devices on your network might use a large amount of bandwidth, e.g., when downloading content. Wait until they're idle before using Remote Play.
- If your connection speed is low (below 5 Mbps), reduced streaming quality may be due to the network environment. We advise contacting your Internet service provider to resolve this issue.
- Go to the Settings section on the Remote Play app homepage.
- Select Video Quality for Remote Play.
- Set Resolution to Standard (540p) or Low (360p), and Frame Rate to Standard.