The power turns off or shuts down suddenly by itself.
Most camcorders are designed to automatically turn off after a short period of time when not in use to help conserve the battery power. This normally occurs after the camcorder has been in the Standby mode for a few minutes and is normal operation. If this is the case, simply turn the camcorder on again to resume operation.
- Some camcorders may display a warning indicator or message on the screen before turning off while other camcorders may not.
- Some camcorders have an Auto Shut Off function in the menu that can be disabled to prevent the power from turning off prematurely, however, not all camcorders have this function.
Other factors can potentially cause the power to shut off by itself such as the following:
- The battery charge can be affected by cold weather or other environment with low temperature. Warm up the battery by putting it in your pocket for a few minutes.
- The metal contacts on the battery may be dirty or corroded. Clean the battery terminals using a dry cloth or cotton swab.
- Depending on the temperature of the camera body or battery pack, the power automatically shuts off to protect them. In this case, wait until the camera body and battery pack temperature is normal before you turn the power on.
Additional information is available if the battery drains too quickly or does not hold a charge .