The power does not turn on even if the battery pack or AC adapter is attached.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following are the possible causes why the camera is not turning on even if the battery pack or AC adapter is attached.
When using an AC adapter and USB cable
- Check whether the AC adapter and power cord are properly connected.
- If you are using a USB cable, attach the battery to the camera and check if the USB cable is connected properly to the personal computer.
- Depending on the camera, it may take some time before the camera turns on.
- If the camera does not start after connecting, attempt to turn on the camera after about 5 seconds.
When using the battery
- If the battery is exhausted, try again after charging.
- If the battery cannot be charged, check the information in this solution .
- If the camera cannot be charged, does not turn on even after it was charged, or the power turns off immediately after it was turned on, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.