You can use the YouTube® app on a compatible Android TV™ or Google TV™ with a high-speed internet connection to play 4K videos.
Connecting your TV to the internet
If your TV is not already connected to the internet, or to check your connection, follow the steps provided:
- Use either a wired or wireless connection and make sure you have at least 40 Mbps speed.
- We recommend a wired connection because 4K videos use high-capacity data. If the internet connection isn't fast enough, the videos may not play smoothly.
- If you use a wired connection, make sure Wired is displayed for the Connection method.
- If you switch from an already established wireless connection to a wired connection, the wired connection between the wireless LAN router and the TV may not be enabled right away. In this case, press and hold the Power button on your TV to restart it.
Playing 4K videos
Use the YouTube app to play videos in 4K resolution. They won't play in 4K resolution if the YouTube videos are played using the TV internet browser.
- Search the YouTube app for the 4K video you want to watch.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select the YouTube app.
- Search for keywords such as 4K video using the search field of the YouTube app.