Check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.
- Place the earbud headphones in the charging case and close the lid. After the lid is closed, wait a few seconds, then remove them and make a Bluetooth connection to the desired device.
- Charge the earbud headphones.
- Place the earbud headphones in the charging case and close the lid.
- Connect the charging case to an AC outlet or computer using the supplied USB Type-C™ cable.
- Reset the earbud headphones.
You can watch the video or skip to the instructions listed below.Note: Device registration (pairing) information and other settings will be retained.
- Turn up the volume of the connected device.
Note: You can't adjust the volume with the headphones.
- If you are using an app with the connected mobile device and no sound is heard, check a different app to see if the problem is with the app and not the headphones.
- Check if the Bluetooth connection is established with the device you are connecting to.
- Check that the connected device is playing music.
- If the issue still occurs after trying all of the steps above, initialize the earbud headphones.
You can watch the video or skip to the steps listed below to initialize the headphones.
WARNING! This operation resets the headphones to the factory settings and deletes all pairing information.
If you are using the Google Assistant with your earbud headphones, refer to: No sound is output or the headphones don't work when using only one earbud.