This error can occur if the power cord of the TV is connected to an automatic timer, or if one of the settings in the TV menu is not set as desired. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, verify that the TV is no longer shutting off automatically after completing each step.
- Ensure that the power cord of the TV is connected directly to a wall outlet.
- Ensure that the Sleep Timer setting that is located in the Setup menu of the TV is set to Off.
- Ensure that the Idle TV Standby setting, located in the Setup menu of the TV, is set to Off.