A page that is hard to read, such as a scanned or color document, can be made more readable by adjusting the brightness and contrast of your Reader™ device. Follow these steps:
- Open the book or particular page.
- Press the (Menu) button.
- Tap on Customize view.
- In the Customize view menu, tap Adjust View.
- The following options are available:
Here is a description of what each option does:
- Original: Displays the page in the original quality.
- Saturated: Improves readability by emphasizing contrast.
- Details: Backlight compensation; brings up details in a dark area.
- Brighter: Increases the brightness.
- Darker: Decreases the brightness.
- Custom: Allows you to adjust the contrast and brightness manually.
NOTE: To select Custom, tap custom. To adjust the custom settings, tap the tool box located next to that option and drag the controls to the desired brightness and contrast.
- To apply the settings tap anywhere on the screen.