Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on your Reader™ device:
- With the Reader powered on, on the bottom of the device, press and hold the Power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears.
- In the Device Shutdown screen, press Yes.
- Press the Power button again to turn the Reader on.
- While the screen displays opening book message, simultaneously press and hold down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons.
- Allow the Home screen to fully load (Loading... should no longer flash in the top left corner of your screen) and then do the following button sequence while still holding down the Page Turn (Next) and Back buttons:
Release - Press - Release the Back button only and then Release the Page Turn (Next) button.
- In the Would you like to execute Factory Initialize screen, press Yes.
- Press the Power button again to turn on the Reader. The Reader will be set to factory settings.