If you can't playback content of a connected USB device or a home network server with the Media Player downloaded from the Google Play™ store, the file format might not be supported.
Supported file formats
The file formats that are supported by Media Player from the Google Play Store are:
- For KD-W830K, XR-X75K, X75H series: For supported files and formats, refer to the Help Guide.
- For other models:
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, PCM/WAVE, WMA, AC3, DTS
- Video: H.263, H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9, WMV, VP6, MJPEG
- Photo: JPEG, ARW
- Media player apps designed for mobile devices won't work with the TV.
- Audio or video files from a USB device or home network won't play using a media player app from the Google Play store. To play audio or video files from a USB device or home network, use the pre-installed Music or Video apps.
- Refer to the Help Guide section of the TV for the list of file formats the pre-installed Video app supports.
- If any of the mentioned supported formats don't play, perform a software update.