If you can't playback content of a connected USB device or a home network server with the Media Player downloaded from the Google Play™ store, the file format might not be supported.
Supported file formats
The file formats that are supported by Media Player from the Google Play Store are:
- For W8L, X64L_X70L_X74L_X75L, X77L, KD-W830K, XR-X75K, and X75H series: For supported files and formats, refer to the Help Guide.
- For other models:
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, PCM/WAVE, WMA, AC3, DTS
- Video: H.263, H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9, WMV, VP6, MJPEG, XAVC V1 (*1), XAVC V2 (*2)
- *1 Only 2023 Google TV™ models support XAVC V1.
- *2 Only A95L series support XAVC V2.
- Photo: JPEG, ARW
Note: Only the XH90_X90H_X91H_XH92, KM-X9000H series, and Google TV models support HEIF. (The XH90_X90H_X91H_XH92 and KM-X9000H series will require a software update.)
- The Media Player app doesn't support Dolby content.
- Audio or video files from a USB device or home network won't play using a media player app from the Google Play store. Use the pre-installed Music or Video apps to play audio or video files from a USB device or home network.
- Refer to the Help Guide section of the TV for the list of file formats the pre-installed Video app supports.
- If any mentioned supported formats don't play, perform a software update.