The Walkman battery life is short even thought it is fully charged
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Walkman® player doesn't automatically turn off after playback. To conserve battery, turn off your device.
- Press and hold the (power) button for three seconds while the screen is on.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to turn off your device.
- Release the HOLD function if it's active.
- The screen turns off automatically if you don't use your device for a certain period of time.
The usage time varies depending on the setting. You can reduce the battery consumption with any of the conditions below. Some of these settings may not be available on your device. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set Auto Power Off to turn off your device automatically.
- Set a shorter time for Screen Off Timer.
- Adjust the screen brightness.
- Set all sound quality settings to off.
- Disconnect the Bluetooth® device when not in use.
- Turn off the NFC™ function when not in use.
- Turn off the Noise Canceling function.