If your Walkman cannot charge the battery, check the following:
- If you attempt to charge the Walkman while you are using it, it will take more time to completely charge.
- When you use the Walkman for the first time, or if you have not used the Walkman for a long period of time, the battery may be completely drained. If this is the case, the display will not appear on the screen when you first start charging, but will appear after about 30 minutes of charging.
- When charging the Walkman using a USB AC adapter:
- Use a USB AC adapter with a potential current of 1.5A.
- Use the USB AC adapter with the supplied USB cable.
- Check that the USB cable is firmly connected to both the Walkman and USB AC adapter, and that the USB AC adapter is firmly connected to an AC outlet.
- When charging the Walkman using a computer:
- Do not use a "charge-only" USB cable, or a USB cable with no data transmission functionality.
- The Walkman cannot be charged when the computer is in sleep mode, even if you connect it to the computer. Be sure to cancel the sleep mode before attempting to charge the Walkman.
- If the Walkman is connected via a USB hub, the Walkman cannot be charged.
- If there are any issues with the connected computer or USB cable, charging may not be possible. Try another way of charging, if possible.
- If your computer has multiple USB ports, connect the Walkman to another USB port, and try charging again.
If the issue still occurs after checking all the items above, reset (restart) the Walkman. For details on how to reset the Walkman, refer to the Help Guide for your model.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.