IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you have taken more than 10 000 photos and movie clips on your Xperia® phone, and you can't save photo and video files taken by the Camera app after the Android 11 upgrade, it may due to a conflict in the naming of the folder where the images are stored.
In the mean time, follow the instructions below to change the name of the current Image saving folder.
- Clear the Camera app from the Recent Apps.
- Launch the Files app, and tap the menu icon (three horizontal bars) in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the internal storage or disk (SD memory card) where the Camera app saves the image files, and then tap the DCIM folder.
- Tap and hold the folder name 100ANDRO until a checkmark appears.
- Tap the menu botton icon, and then tap RENAME.
- At the RENAME screen, enter a new name (example: 100ANDRO to OLD_100ANDRO).
Note: Don't rename the folder aaaANDRO.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all aaaANDRO folders are renamed.
- After all folders are renamed, make sure you can save your new photos.