With the Amazon Music app* for Android devices, you can use Amazon Alexa or Chromecast built-in to cast music. You must cast via Amazon Alexa to use the 360 Reality Audio feature. If you cast via Chromecast built-in, you can only play music with 2-channel.
Make sure that the Sound Bar or Wireless Speaker is updated to the latest version.
With the Amazon Music app for iOS devices, you can cast music using Amazon Alexa. However, be aware that you must cast via Amazon Alexa to use the 360 Reality Audio feature.
- When you play music via Bluetooth connection, you can play music with 2-channel.
- The Amazon Music app for iOS doesn't support the Chromecast feature.
Steps to play 360 Reality Audio music using Amazon Music Unlimited service
You need to set up the Amazon Alexa feature on the Sony | Music Center app and use a voice command or the Amazon Music app to play music:
- Install the Sony | Music Center app on your smartphone.
- If you have already installed the Sony | Music Center app, make sure that the app is updated to the latest version.
- Make sure that the audio device is also updated to the latest firmware version.
- Follow the on-screen guidance to complete the initial setup of the Sony | Music Center app.
- In the Sony | Music Center app, connect and set up the audio device and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi® network.
IMPORTANT: During the Sony | Music Center app setup, the Amazon Alexa Setup screen will appear and ask you to register the device. Do not skip this step.
Note: In the Amazon Alexa Setup, you can set any device name, but we recommend using the following to increase the accuracy of the voice recognition:
- For HT-A9: Home Theater
- HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000: Soundbar
- For SRS-RA3000, SRS-RA5000: Wireless Speaker
- Use either voice commands or the Amazon Music app to play music:
- Confirm that the music is played using the 360 Reality Audio feature:
- For Wireless Speakers (models with prefix SRS-RA): The Sound Mode indicator of the wireless speaker will light up in cyan (a greenish-blue color) while you are playing the music using the 360 Reality Audio feature.
- For Soundbars (models with prefix HT-): The 360 Reality Audio icon will appear on the playback screen while you play music using the 360 Reality Audio feature.
- You must register an Amazon Music Unlimited service membership to play 360 Reality Audio using the Amazon Music app.
- Amazon Music Unlimited supports the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese.
* Download app at Google Play™ Store and the App Store®. Network services, content, and operating system and software subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
*iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*Amazon, Amazon Music, Alexa, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.