IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you can't turn on the TV using a Google Assistant-enabled device, follow these steps:
- Set Remote start to ON.
- On the remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet
- Select Remote start, then select ON.
- Make sure you are using the same Sony account on the Google Assistant-enabled device and the TV.
- Make sure Date & time are set to Automatic date & time. For additional details, refer to the How do I set the date and time on my Android TV or Google TV? article.
- If the issue is still unresolved, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Turn on the TV.
- Restart the TV.
- If a device other than the TV and the Google Assistant compatible speaker is connected to the same router, disconnect that device to reduce the number of connected devices.
- If you are using the router’s firewall, check that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
Depending on your router specifications (including the limit of connected devices) or settings, turning on the TV using a Google Assistant-enabled device may not be supported. For details, please refer to the manual or support site of the router.