While it is normal for the battery consumption rate to vary somewhat between the left and right earbuds due to function settings and conditions of use, a significant difference between the earbuds, when regularly used together, should not occur.
As a first step, check these articles to make sure you are charging the earbuds properly:
- The WF-1000XM4 charging indicator flashes red during wireless charging
- The headphones do not charge (WF-1000XM4)
If the issue still occurs, try the following:
- Fully charge the earbuds.
- Launch the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and connect the device and the headphones via Bluetooth®.
- Make the following settings on the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and play any music:
- Volume: Middle
- CODEC: AAC
- DSEE Extreme: OFF
- Noise Canceling: ON
- Other settings: OFF
Note: The CODEC depends on the music files you are playing. You can check the CODEC using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Play the music on the connected device, and check to see if the music plays for more than 3 hours.
If the steps in these articles do not remedy the issue, please contact our Product Support team for further assistance.