Software build number
- Xperia® XZ2 Compact: 52.0.A.8.50
- Xperia XZ2 Compact Dual SIM: 52.0.A.8.50
This system software update features
- Android™ security patch level: 1 May, 2019.
Updating your device
- When a software update is available, appears in the status bar.
- To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings → About phone → Build number.
Follow the steps below or watch the tutorial to download and install a system update from the Notifications panel.
- If you're using a device with multiple users, make sure you are logged in as the owner.
- Drag the status bar downwards to open the Notification panel.
- Scroll down and select the desired system update, then tap Download.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Why hasn't my device received an update yet?
- Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.