IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Android 11
- Android™ 10
- Android 9 (Pie)
Ways to quickly launch the camera from the lock screen
Press the camera key
If your device has a dedicated camera key, you can use it to quickly launch the camera. This feature is activated by default.
- When the screen is in sleep mode, or from the lock screen, press and hold down the camera key until the camera launches.
You can adjust this feature so that the camera will both launch and capture a picture, or turn the feature off, by going into Camera → Settings → Launch with camera key.
Swipe the camera icon
- To activate the screen, briefly press the power key.
- To launch the camera, swipe the camera icon upwards.
Press the power key twice
- Find and tap Settings → System → Gestures → Power key behavior → Launch camera.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press the power key twice.