Topics covered in this article
- How can I quickly launch the camera from the lock screen?
- Is there a fast way to take a photo?
- How can I quickly open the camera?
- How can I take a picture without having to unlock my screen first?
- How can I take a photo from the lock screen with the camera key?
- How can I fast activate the camera from the lock screen?
- Can I open the camera with the power button?
- Android™ 10
- Android 9 (Pie)
Overview of ways to quickly launch the camera from the lock screen
- Press the camera key
- Swipe the camera icon from the lock screen.
- Press the power key twice.
- Smart launch (Xperia® 1, Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ3): Swiftly lift your device in landscape mode and aim the camera towards an object. For more info, check out the article What is Smart launch?.
Press the camera key
If your device has a dedicated camera key, you can use it to quickly launch the camera. This feature is activated by default.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press and hold down the camera key until the camera launches.
You can adjust this feature so that the camera will both launch and capture a picture, or turn the feature off, by going into Camera → Settings → Launch with camera key.
Swipe the camera icon
- To activate the screen, briefly press the power key.
- To launch the camera, swipe the camera icon upwards.
Press the power key twice
- Find and tap Settings → System → (Gestures) → Power key behavior → Launch camera.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press the power key twice.