IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Topics covered in this article
- Why doesn't the fingerprint sensor work as expected?
- The phone doesn't recognize my fingerprint, what can I do?
- The fingerprint sensor doesn't work properly, can it be fixed?
You may experience that the fingerprint sensor on your Xperia® 1 doesn't respond in a satisfactory way. In this case, try to register your fingerprint again. Touch the sensor with your finger at the same area where you unlock the screen and be sure to use the same grip you normally would. You should not move your finger widely, regardless of the animation UI on the screen.
To register your fingerprint again
- Clean the fingerprint sensor gently with a clean and dry cloth.
- Tap Settings → Security → Fingerprint Manager.
- Re-enter your PIN or password.
- Delete all registered fingerprints.
- Tap Add fingerprint and register your fingerprint.
You can register up to five fingerprints. If the issue still occurs, try to add the same finger to Finger 2, 3, 4, or 5, but tap in a slightly different location on the sensor.
- Tap Add fingerprint, register the same finger to Finger 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- Shift the location of your finger taps slightly from the registered position as seen below:
Note: You can also try rotating your finger 90°, and then register it.