A new version of the Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ update is now available for applicable Android TV™ models.
In addition to all the benefits of the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system, this new version (v6.5850) also resolves this issue caused by the previous version (v6.5830) of the update:
The automatic update for Android 8.0 Oreo resumed at the end of April on a staggered schedule so it may take some time before this new version is sent to your TV. If you don’t want to wait, you can download the update from your and manually install it (requires a USB flash memory drive).
Please see below for additional information and frequently asked questions about this update.
- 2018 models
- KD X780F / X751F / X750F
- XBR A8F
- XBR X900F / X851F / X850F / X830F
- 2017 models
- XBR A1E
- XBR X940E / X930E / X900E / X850E / X806E / X800E
- 2016 models
- XBR X800D / X750D / X700D
- XBR Z9D
Frequently asked questions and additional information
- How do I check the model name of my TV?
- How to perform a software update on an Android TV?
- What feature improvements and changes are provided with this update? (For USA, Canada and Mexico only)
- What feature improvements and changes are provided with this update? (For Latin America excluding Mexico)
- Home menu changes after this update
- An internet network connection message appears in the upper right corner of the TV screen
- Messages on the Android 8.0 Oreo OS Home screen
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.