The Music Center for PC software does not recognize the Walkman player
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.
- Follow the appropriate procedure to update the Music Center for PC and Walkman® player to the most recent versions:
Note: Earlier versions of the Music Center for PC software (2.1.0 and earlier) can't recognize connections with the NW-A100 or NW-ZX500 series Walkman players.
- Music Center for PC software update
- To update the Walkman player, visit your model support page , search for your Walkman player by entering the model number, and then go to the Downloads section.
- Connect the Walkman player to a computer.
- Make sure you are using the USB Type-C™ cable (included with player) to connect to the computer.
- In the Use USB for menu, select File Transfer, and tap OK
A separate article is availabe if you are unable to transfer content from my computer to Walkman player.