IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Walkman® player uses parts that consume a lot of power to play with high sound quality, and heat will be generated during use. Additionally, keeping the screen on for a long time, high-resolution sound playback, DSEE HX operation, and high-volume playback can all cause an increase in heat.
Follow these steps when the player feels warmer than expected:
- Turn off the player when not in use.
- Lower the volume.
- Set the Sleep setting to within one minute.
Select Settings → Display → Sleep, then set the time.
- Lower the display brightness.
Select Settings → Display → Brightness, then lower the brightness.
- Turn off some or all of the sound quality settings.
- Select Sound adjustment.
- Turn off all sound quality settings such as Equalizer, DSEE HX, and DC Phase Linearizer.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi® connection when not in use.
Select Settings → Network & Internet → Wi-Fi, then set it to OFF.
- Close all unused apps.
- Take care using the player if the screen lights have been on for a long time as the player may be warmer than expected.
- Do not place the player in an airtight bag or wrap it in cloth as either can cause the player to warm up quickly.