Follow these steps to clean the Walkman.
Note: The specifications or the maintenance method varies depending on the model. For details, refer to your model's Help Guide Manuals are posted on your model support page. .
- Clean the Walkman® with a soft cloth, such as a cleaning cloth for eyeglasses. When cleaning the touch screen, be careful not to rub too hard as doing so may damage the screen.
- If the Walkman is extremely dirty, use a cloth slightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Be careful not to get water inside the player.
- Don't use thinner, benzene, or alcohol solvents, as they may damage the surface.
- Clean the headphone plug occasionally with a soft dry cloth. Noise or sound skipping may occur if the plug is dirty.
- For NW-WM1ZM and NW-WM1ZM2 only: Because these models contain gold plated parts, and gold plated pieces are more sensitive, wipe gently without rubbing too hard when you clean. We recommend working on a tabletop with a soft cloth to prevent scratches.
- For models with earbuds: Remove the earbuds and wash them by hand using a mild detergent solution. After washing, dry them well.