The troubleshooting steps will differ depending on the problem. Follow the instructions according to the problem you have with the headphones.
Music doesn't pause after removing the headphones
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and make sure that the Pauses when the headphones are taken off is set to ON.
- Touching the headphones with sweaty hands or using them in high temperatures or high humidity may prevent the wearing detection. Dry the earpads completely before using them.
- Depending on the app, if the music doesn't pause after removing the headphones, use your music streaming app to control music playback.
Touch sensor control panel doesn't work
Follow these instructions and check if the problem is resolved after completing each step:
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and make sure that the Touch sensor control panel is set to ON.
- Wear the headphones to operate the touch sensor control panel. The touch sensor control panel can't be operated when the headphones aren't worn.
- Be sure to use the surface of your finger when operating the touch sensor control panel. The touch sensor control panel will not work properly with fingernails or while wearing gloves.
- When you wear the headphones over a cap, a scarf, or hair, etc., the sensors will not be able to detect that you are wearing them and may turn them off. So be sure to set the earpads directly over the ears.
- When the supplied headphone cable is connected, you can only use Quick Attention Mode and Speak-to-Chat while connected to a device with that cable and with the headphones turned on. You can't adjust the volume or play or pause music in this situation.
- In the Sony | Headphones Connect app, disable the Automatic Power Off setting.
- Select the System tab → Automatic Power Off, and select Do not turn off. Doing so can have the headphones activate the wearing detection function.
- Reset the headphones.
Note: Resetting the headphones will not delete the pairing information.
- If the issue still occurs, then initialize the headphones.
Note: Initialization returns the headphones to the factory settings and all Bluetooth pairing information is deleted.